Apr 25, 2011

What a shock - a new post!!!!!

Ok....Ok I know it's been awhile since I actually updated my blog. It seems that it takes holidays for me to actually write a post. Again I have been sewing up a storm this holidays and have to say I have loved it heaps. I kicked it all off with my iPad cover....I just love my new iPad 2 and although I bought one of the smart covers which looks after the screen it doesn't offer any protection to the back of the device so I made myself a littel fabric envelope. I used fabric strips from a honey bun roll from Moda...in blues and yellow. Again I just made it up as I went along but have to say it worked out perfectly. Check it out below.....

I also added some elastic strips which hold my mobile wireless internet device. I love this because I can now connect up to 5 devices to it....so iPad, ipod touch, laptop etc. It runs off a battery that lasts all day so I will be able to connect to the internet while on the road each day!!!






Next I made a range of Owl pot holders.....they are lined with insul-brite which makes them safe to use on hot items.....I didn't take a photo of the back but it is a matching owl print which is just sooooo cute. I have made 6 so far and have enough fabric to make another 6. I am thinking of selling them or I might just save them for Chrissy presents.



I also made some patchwork and quilted drink coasters from so left over scraps from my diary cover.....(whoops! I forgot to take a photo of that)



I have so other things that I have made so will come back again with another post so keep an eye out.








1 comment: